Our Cookies Policy was last updated on 6th October 2022
This Cookies Policy explains what Cookies are and how We use them. You should read this policy so You can understand what type of cookies We use, or the information We collect using Cookies and how that information is used.
We do not store sensitive personal information, such as mailing addresses, account passwords, etc. in the Cookies We use.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Cookies Policy:
- “Corporation” (referred to as either “the Corporation”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Cookies Policy) refers to Alliance of Tenant Representatives.
- “Cookies” means small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Website” refers to Alliance of Tenant Representatives, accessible from https://alltenrep.com.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
What are cookies?
A Cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website, when visited by a user, asks your browser to store on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device to remember information about You, such as your language preference or login information.
Types of Cookies We use
Cookies can be Session or Persistent Cookies.
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when a user exits their browser) are called ‘Session Cookies’. Cookies that can be stored for longer are called ‘Persistent Cookies’.
Session cookies allow websites to recognise and link the actions of a user during a browsing session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse around a site.
Cookies can also be used for security purposes, such as when a user logs in to internet banking or their webmail. These session cookies expire after a session ends, so would not be stored beyond this. For this reason, session cookies may sometimes be considered less privacy-intrusive than persistent cookies.
Persistent Cookies are stored on a user’s device in-between sessions. They can allow the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or across different websites) to be remembered.
Persistent Cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising. The length of time between a cookie being set and expiry is set by the website operator. A user can also delete previously set persistent cookies manually or configure the browser settings to delete cookies at a set interval.
We use three types of Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary – these Cookies are essential for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in Our systems. They are usually set in response to actions made by You which amount to a request for services such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in to the Website or filling in forms. If You set your browser to block these Cookies, then some parts of the site will no longer work for You. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance – these Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so We can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help Us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site so that users have a better experience. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. If You do not allow these Cookies, We will not know when You have visited our site and We will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional – these Cookies that are used to recognise You and remember your preferences or settings when You return to our site, so that We can provide You with enhanced functionality and personalisation. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. If You do not allow these Cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly or at all.
We do not allow advertising partners on Our Website and consequently We do not permit targeted advertising Cookies to be used to build a profile of your interests for marketing purposes.
Are Cookies dangerous?
Cookies are not computer programs and should not be confused with computer code. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses and modern versions of various web browsers allow users to set their own limitations as to the number of cookies to be saved on the internet user’s hard drive.
Where can You find more information about Cookies?
If You are located…
- in the USA, please go to All About Cookies: https://allaboutcookies.org/
- in Europe, please go to Your Online Choices: https://youronlinechoices.eu
- in Australia, please go to the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission: https://www.accc.gov.au/about-us/using-our-website/cookies-website-analytics-other-website-information
- in New Zealand, please go to All About Cookies: https://allaboutcookies.org/
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
If You have any questions about this Cookies Policy, please contact:
Alliance of Tenant Representatives
3948 Legacy Drive
Tel: +1 (972) 468 1946