The Alliance of Tenant Representatives (“ATR”) commits to take great care with your personal data and to protect any personal information We obtain about You, in whatsoever capacity You are visiting Our Website and regardless of where You visit it from.
The Alliance of Tenant Representatives is a commercial real estate organisation at the forefront of client advocacy for more than 20 years with members in circa 18 representative cities currently.
ATR is the data controller under data protection rules.
By visiting Our Website https://alltenrep.com You are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy, as it may be amended from time to time. If You do not consent, then ATR would not be able to process your personal data.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Website” refers to Alliance of Tenant Representatives, accessible from https://alltenrep.com.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
We have appointed a data privacy officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If You have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy officer using the contact details provided below.
How We collect and use (process) your personal information
Personal information You give to Us
- Membership – when You become an ATR member, We collect information about You including (but not limited to): your name, gender, business address, telephone numbers, email address, website URL, organisation or company of employment and/or job title, field of activity and/or specialist interest, credit card/bank details and other communicated preferences. As part of the admissions process, ATR may collect information about your professional experience and professional production, among other items. We may ask members to voluntarily provide additional information in their membership profile, such as information about their educational background, number of years in the industry and clients represented etc. Members may request to edit their profile at any time to change, add, or remove personal information.
We process your personal information for membership administration, to deliver member benefits to you and to inform you of ATR-related events, content, and other benefits or opportunities associated with your ATR membership.
- Conferences and web events – We keep a record of your participation in ATR events as an attendee or presenter. This information may be used to provide You with membership and certification services (such as, for example, keeping track of your continuing professional development, or to tell You about other events and publications). It may also be used to help ATR understand Our members’ needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs. As a participant in an ATR event, your image may be captured and used for future promotional purposes.
Some of Our events are sponsored. ATR may provide an attendee list to sponsors, co-sponsors, exhibitors and/or external presenters at Our events who may send You material by mail or email during or after each event. If You do not wish to have your information included in an attendee list or to receive information from sponsors, co-sponsors, exhibitors and/or external presenters, You can express your preferences when You register for events or You may contact the data privacy officer directly using the contact details provided below.
- Publications – in addition to producing original content, ATR may provide links to websites, news feeds and blogs produced by others (including ATR members) which We link to from Our Website and/or social media (LinkedIn) channel. At these times, you will be leaving Our Website and LinkedIn page and ATR is not responsible or liable for content provided by these third-party websites or social media channels or personal information that they may happen to gather from You.
Your correspondence with ATR – If You correspond with Us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of ATR conferences, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, etc. If You wish to have ATR “erase” your personal information or otherwise refrain from communicating with You, please inform the data privacy officer directly using the contact details provided below.
Please note: if you ask ATR not to contact You by email at a certain email address, ATR will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list to comply with your no-contact request.
- Purposes for processing your data – As explained above, the ATR processes your data to provide You with the goods or services You have requested or purchased from Us, including membership services, events, publications and other content. We use this information to refine Our goods and services to better tailor them to your needs and to communicate with You about other services the ATR offers that We think You might find useful in the course of your business.
- Payment information – You may choose to purchase goods or services from ATR using a mobile banking app, wire transfer or by writing a cheque. Typically, payment is made directly by users into ATR’s bank account and ATR does not, itself, process or store payment detail information save for any payment reference or cheque number provided by the member to confirm payment.
Personal information We get from third parties
From time to time, the ATR receives personal information about individuals from third parties. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, your geographic location. We, like all companies, are able to confirm what browser You are using, IP address and computer operating systems that are being used and this information may be used to improve the services we offer.
Sensitive personal data
Data Protection law recognizes that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal data and covers health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect sensitive personal data about you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as any dietary requirements when attending a conference or where we need this information to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in an event.
When and how We share information with others
We do not otherwise reveal your personal data to third-parties for their independent use unless: (1) You request or authorize it; (2) it’s in connection with ATR-hosted and ATR co-sponsored conferences as described above; (3) the information is provided to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order), enforce an agreement We have with You, or to protect Our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of Our employees or others; (4) the information is provided to Our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on Our behalf; (5) to address emergencies or acts of God; or (6) to address disputes, claims, or to persons demonstrating legal authority to act on your behalf.
We may also gather aggregated data about Our members and Site visitors and disclose the results of such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to Our partners and service providers.
We do not currently share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Legal basis for processing personal data
In most instances, We collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when You, for example, request to receive services or products from ATR, We have a legitimate organizational interest to use your personal information to respond to You and there is no overriding prejudice to You by using your personal information for this purpose.
In certain instances, We will rely on obtaining your consent to Our use of your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to receive email news and/or marketing about ATR.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process data both inside and outside of the United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand and expect to similarly process data both inside and outside of Canada and the EU in the foreseeable future. Where We transfer data We seek to comply with all relevant legislation.
In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office provides a useful source of information on the UK and other countries data subject rights. See https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/
In Australia the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) promotes and upholds privacy and information rights. See https://www.oaic.gov.au.
In New Zealand the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) works to develop and promote a culture in which personal information is protected and respected. See https://privacy.org.nz/the-privacy-act-and-codes/privacy-principles/
Security of your information
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor Our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
By using this Site, You agree to the terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use and/or any other agreement that We might have with You. If You do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, You should not use this Site or any ATR benefits or services.
As Our organization, membership and benefits change from time to time, this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at any time, for any reason, without notice to You, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at this Site. We may e-mail periodic reminders of Our notices and terms and conditions and will e-mail ATR members of material changes thereto, but You should check Our Site frequently to see the current Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it. The provisions contained herein supersede all previous notices or statements regarding Our privacy practices and the terms and conditions that govern the use of this Site.
Alliance of Tenant Representatives
3948 Legacy Drive
Tel: +1 (972) 468 1946